Helping consumers find reliable answers to their credit questions has been the theme of Gerri Detweiler’s work for the past twenty years. As a consumer advocate, Gerri has been interviewed for more than 3000 news interviews including The Today Show, Dateline NBC, The New York Times, USA Today and Reader's Digest. She is also an international speaker and has testified before Congress on consumer credit topics.
As an educator, Gerri has spoken to audiences across the country, and is the author or co-author of five books:
- Reduce Debt, Reduce Stress (Good Advice Press 2009)
- Debt Collection Answers: How to Use Debt Collection Laws to Protect Your Rights (2009)
- The Ultimate Credit Handbook (Plume, 1993, revised 2003), which was featured in Money magazine as one of the five best new personal finance books of the year when released.
- Invest In Yourself: Six Secrets to a Rich Life (Wiley, October 1998)
- Slash Your Debt: Save Money & Secure Your Future (Financial Literacy Center, 1999).
She reaches thousands of consumers each month through these websites, as well as numerous others for which she contributes content. She also hosted a weekly financial radio show and several hundred of her interviews are still available at that site for consumers to listen to online.
Gerri holds a B.A. in International Business/Political Affairs from Taylor University, and an M.A. in Adult Education/ Psychology from Vermont College.